Your decision was your first major step in the right direction. On that day you became a Christian, and heaven became your final destination. In this session we will talk about the important daily and weekly steps you need to take to begin to walk and talk with Jesus, and grow in your faith. You became a Christian, and now you will learn how to live like one.
The Bible says in II Corinthians 4:5-6:
For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.”
The Two Most Important Keys:
- Three things happened to you when you accepted Christ:
- Your old life passed away
- Your new life began
- You have a new purpose and plan for your life
You aren’t just going to be different; you ARE different because Christ now lives in you (more on that in session 5).
You need to begin to act, behave and live your life as if Jesus Christ was with you everywhere you go … because He is!
Simple solution: Just ask yourself in every decision and choice: What would I do, or say, or where would I go or NOT go if Jesus was with me right now? Then follow your heart!
- Church Attendance is not an optional activity. It is critical to your survival as a young Christian.
Wow! You may be thinking that the only church or pastor you have ever connected with is Jentezen Franklin and he is hundreds or perhaps thousands of miles away. There are two ways you can fulfill this priority:
- Find a good local church, or allow us to point you to one.
- Start where you are, and become a part of our online church right at freechapel.org. Click on “Locations” and select “Online.” Jump in and begin to connect with the messages and the community.
Please read the following verses in your Bible or click to read online.
Please read the questions below, then send your responses in an email to your course mentor. Just click "Contact Instructor" at the bottom of this page, and paste your answers in the comment box.
- Look up the word “Holy” and write your best definition for that word.
- What does that word have to do with you and your daily life?
- What are some life changes you are feeling led to make since you made a decision to follow Christ?
- Please re-state the two most important keys listed above in your own words.
- Please talk about the first most important key and what it means for your life.
- Please talk about the second mos important key and what you plan to do.
- Please list any questions or other observations from lesson two.
Please email these responses to your course mentor at your earliest convenience and then move on to lesson three.
I think you’ll find this message from Pastor Jentezen Franklin encouraging. In How to Host the Holy Ghost you will learn how to invite God to be a part of everything you do and live an inspired life!