Continued Progress Being Made for Holocaust Survivors Housing
December 17, 2018
I just wanted to give you a quick update on the progress taking place in the heart of Israel. In my recent visit to the Holy Land, I was able to connect with my good friend Mike Evans to discuss and tour the ongoing construction at the Holocaust Survivors housing in Jerusalem. In the last few months we have made significant progress:
• Basement renovation continues, with the space being rebuilt into laundry rooms and storage areas.
• The electrical work is being finished.
• A historic interior wall made of Jerusalem stone is being restored.
• Existing windows have been enlarged and additional new windows have been added.
• Concrete is continued being applied to provide soundproofing.
• Interior doorframes have been installed and new doors are on site.
• Interior floor coverings have been selected and ordered.
• Plumbing work is ongoing.
• Preparations are being made for the replacement of the roof.
• Exterior work began to close in balconies and increase the size of interior rooms
There is still so much to be done but the work continues day and night. There are plans to have a grand opening in November of 2019 if everything goes according to schedule. What a time to rejoice! Continue to pray with us and our friends in Israel as we continue work on this amazing project. We truly could not do what we do without your support and faithfulness to help those in desperate need. Thank you! I pray Psalms 23:5 over you…that God blesses you beyond and your cups brims over with blessing in the New Year!