The spies (and everyone else) measured Goliath’s size against themselves. But David measured him against the God he served. In light of ourselves, we will always lose. Oh, but the glory lies when we measure our giants in light of God! David wrapped his fingers tightly around his slingshot, his faith steadying his hand. While others laughed at his apparent ignorance, he stood assured. Lifting it to his eyes, he pulled the strings back, aimed and released. You know how it ends!
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you (Romans 8:11).
- Even though David was anointed to be king, he still stayed __________________ to his authorities.
- Finish this sentence: Lazy people don’t _________________________________________.
- When does the enemy usually show up?
- When we face a giant, whom must we measure that giant against?
- What is the reward that awaits believers?
- What life experience prepared David for battle?
Your giant may be hiding behind a smokescreen intimidation, or it may be staring you in the face in the form of a lost job, a broken heart, a stubborn addiction . . . The list is endless, but the truth remains the same for all who want to accept it. The power that raised Christ from the grave lives in you. It is the power that resided on David as he brought down Goliath, and it’s right there waiting on you. It’s His battle to win.