Why express our praise? Because when we begin to praise the Lord chains are broken, prison doors are opened, the fog of depression evaporates and fears back up. Our worship is a powerful thing. Expressing praise to Jesus is denying Satan the very thing he wants most.
- Pastor starts this message by asking, “What is it that Satan wants”. Read Isaiah 14:13-14 and talk about what Lucifer himself said he wanted.
- We live in a society that believes in instant, self-gratification. Me first! Do you spend more time serving yourself or serving others?
- This message details how and why Lucifer was created as the ruler over worship in Heaven. Now he uses every distraction possible to get us to worship other things above God. Are there things in your life stealing time, energy and devotion from your relationship with God?
- Pastor describes the instruments in us: our voice box as pipes, vocal chords as strings and percussion as clapping or our ability to produce rhythm. Why do you think it’s important to use these “instruments” to worship God?
- 5. Satan understands the importance of the physical expression of praise. That’s why he asked Jesus to “fall down and worship” him in Matthew 4:9. What are physical ways you can express your worship to God?
- Have you felt inhibited in worship before? What do you think is keeping you from being expressive in your praise to God?
Don’t let anything stop you from expressing your praise. You don’t have to wait for music to lead you. God created IN YOU the instruments to worship!
But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed. Acts 16:25-26
Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook.