Heaven is a place filled with wonders beyond our ability to imagine. If you try to think of the greatest, most joy-filled and pleasurable place you can imagine, it won’t come close to what heaven will actually be like. God loves you, He prepared heaven for you and He wants you to spend eternity there.
- What are the seven wonders of heaven listed in this sermon?
- What are four things that WON’T be in heaven?
- What do you think it would be like to live in a place where there is no sin?
- Why is it so difficult for people to be completely satisfied while living here on earth? How will that be different in heaven?
- Pastor Franklin says, “Maybe you don’t get rewarded much here on earth, but I promise you there’s coming a day of reward in Heaven.” How does our focus change when we realize our reward is in heaven, not on earth?
- Everyone will spend eternity somewhere. Reflect on your own life. Are you focusing more on your temporary life here on earth or on where you will spend eternity?
Are you preparing for heaven? If the trumpet were to sound now or if you were to die today, would you be ready to meet God? Humble yourself, take up your cross and follow Jesus . . . because heaven will be worth it all.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (NIV): “For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.”