An experiment was once performed in a class of college seniors. The professor approached the clean white board, and smack-dab in the center he drew a black dot the size of a quarter. He then asked the class to take a moment and write down what they observed. Unanimously, they wrote down the obvious, a black dot. The professor challenged the class, “Only 1% of this board consists of a black dot. You overlooked 99% to write your observation. This, students, is a perfectly clean white board with the exception of a minuscule dot.”
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places (Ephesians 6:20 NKJV).
- What frequently precedes God’s miracles?
- What was it that distracted Peter?
- In Luke 14, what are some examples of things that kept the invited individuals from dining at the Master’s table?
- What is the best way to take care of daily stresses?
- What are some examples of “natural things” that are distractions for us?
- Reflecting on your own life, what has been something that has taken too much of your attention? Will you surrender that today?
Quit focusing your energy on the one who is against you, and instead extend gratitude to The One who is for you! Surround yourself with the people in life that lift you up. Instead of grappling with rejection and comparison, clothe yourself in the full armor of God, and decide today that He is the sole possessor of your focus.
There is freedom and peace like you never knew before hinging on the vastness of His white board!