Most failure comes, not from a lack of talent or opportunity, but from a lack of determination. Babe Ruth said, “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” And just like Rizpah proved in 2 Samuel 2 when she refused to quit, your determination will get the attention of the king. You may be fighting to save a dream, fighting to defeat sickness or fighting to protect your family like Rizpah. What you have to get hold of is determination that says, “None of these things move me.” Even when there’s no fight left in me, I won’t let go!
- Rizpah’s story in 2 Samuel 2 is moving because her sons were not even alive yet she fought for their honor. Have you ever felt like you were fighting for something no one else saw the purpose in?
- Jacob was determined to get his blessing and wrestled in his pain. Can you relate to that experience?
- Jesus said to the gentile woman, “…great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire” (Matt 15:28).
- What obstacles did she face in getting what she desired?
- What can we learn from this about being determined?
- When you feel like giving up, what will you remember to help you keep going?
The fact is, in this world you will face trouble. Following God doesn’t remove all the obstacles. You have to stand fast in your unwavering faith and have divine determination that whatever comes your way you can say as Paul did, “none of these things move me.”
“But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy … to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.” (Acts 20:24).
From a CROWN OF THORNS to a CROWN OF LIFE! Because of Christ’s death and resurrection, a crown of glory awaits for us in heaven. But it all began with a crown of thorns. In Jentezen Franklin’s new 2-DVD teaching “KINGDOM COME,” you can discover the power of the cross and resurrection for your life! This set features two powerful messages — “Lily Among Thorns” and “Christ is Risen.”