When we hear the term “under the influence,” we think of someone under the influence of a substance, such as alcohol or drugs. A person under the influence of a substance talks differently, walks differently and acts differently. In the same way, when a person is under the influence of Jesus, it should show in their talk, their walk and their actions.
- In Acts chapter 4, how did the rulers and elders know that Peter and John had been with Jesus?
- What are some reasons that Christians are timid about sharing the good news of Jesus?
- What is the first fruit of the Spirit?
- Explain why the greatest weapon the church possesses is love.
- What’s the difference by being influenced by Jesus and living under the influence of Jesus?
- What would you say to someone who asked you why you became a Christian?
We need to have an encounter with God that doesn’t just impact us at that moment, but changes us forever. A real encounter with God will change the way we walk, the way we talk and the way we live. It will cause us to live under the influence of Jesus, showing His love and sharing His message.
Acts 4:13 (NIV): “When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and took note that these men had been with Jesus.”