John 10:10 tells us the thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. The enemy’s methods have been the same from the beginning of time. He subtly takes truths and ever so slightly tweaks them into lies. Sex is not immune to these lies. We need to guard our marriages with the belt of truth and go on the offense to protect them.
Connection Point: The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly (John 10:10 NKJV).
- What does it mean in Song of Solomon when it says, “Do not stir up or waken love before its time?”
- What are the two options you have as a single person?
- If you live together before marriage, what is the likelihood of divorce?
- If you cannot be faithful while single, you will not be faithful once _________________.
- What does it mean to have a “garden enclosed”?
- When does Satan usually tempt us?
Satan has used society as his voice for too long. We think living a loose life is a free life, but to the contrary, it is in a Godly life that we experience true liberty. Maybe you have sought relationship after relationship in hopes to fill the deepest longings of your heart, only to come up short every time. There is no condemnation in His voice. He is there before you, knees in the dust, urging you to go and sin no more!