5 Things That Happen When You Fast
January 19, 2016
In Ruth chapter 3, Naomi gave Ruth instructions to prepare to meet her bridegroom. She was preparing to devote her life to Him in the same way we are devoting ourselves to God through fasting.
Then Naomi her mother-in-law said to her, “My daughter, shall I not seek security for you, that it may be well with you? Now Boaz, whose young women you were with, is he not our relative? In fact, he is winnowing barley tonight at the threshing floor. Therefore wash yourself and anoint yourself, put on your best garment and go down to the threshing floor; but do not make yourself known to the man until he has finished eating and drinking. Then it shall be, when he lies down, that you shall notice the place where he lies; and you shall go in, uncover his feet, and lie down; and he will tell you what you should do.” And she said to her, “All that you say to me I will do.”
—Ruth 3:1-5 NKJV
- What was Ruth preparing for?
- The most sacred place on earth is at the _______________ of Jesus.
- What are the five things that will happen when we fast?
- Freshly _________________________
- Fragrantly ______________________
- __________________ Clothed
- Fully ____________________________
- ______________________ Compliant
- In John 14:21, Jesus says those who love Him, have his ________________________ and keep them.
- Reflect on your fast so far. How have you seen any or all of these five things manifested in your life?
Conclusion: There is an innate yearning for the spiritual inside us. God designed us to be in relationship with Him, and there’s an emptiness that can’t be filled with material gain or carnal companionship. Even as believers, our relationship with Jesus can be interrupted with the noise of life. But deep calls to deep (Psalm 42:7), and we can make up for that distance through fasting.
Sign in or create a account to participate in this discussion.Sign in
account_circle Paulette Martinez
I have not yet fasted this year (2017) I am looking for a deeper connection as well as praying for several very serious issues. I am believing for some miracles to take place.