November 20, 2015
So often we focus on what we feel rather than what we know when it comes to making major decisions in our lives. Don’t get me wrong, God is alive, and certainly works through our emotions. But His word is the truth and rock we must rely on when we’re faced with making choices. Anger, sadness, happiness and passion are all fleeting minute to minute. But His word will stand the test of time.
Connection Point: And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve … But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15 NKJV).
- What does it mean to be settled?
- What can happen to us if we stay ‘hungry’ too long?
- What made Esau give away his birthright?
- If we are covered by grace, why do our decisions here matter?
- How do we get things out of “our cart”?
- What is the only circumstance in the bible when we are justified to run?
Conclusion: We are not to live our lives in fear but we must prepare for future decisions before we get in over our heads. His truth will never fail you. It’s never too late. Let us live lives known for making good choices. And when we enter into those pearly gates, we can do it with confidence that the life we have left behind is one He will be proud of.