Where Leaders Are Born
March 07, 2014
Are you a contestant or a contender? Are you just showing up for life or running the race to win the prize? In the Boston Marathon, runners have to face Heartbreak Hill. In life, we each face our own uphill battles. Real leaders are born in the face of that adversity. And the real prize is what’s on the other side! In this message we learn Where Leaders Are Born.
- How would you describe the difference between a contestant and a contender in a race?
- “It’s not about speed, it’s about endurance.” How can you apply that statement to your life?
- Have you ever felt tempted to give up on something? What made you keep going?
- Hebrews 12: says in order to persevere we must “throw off every hindrance, and sin that does so easily entangle.” Are there things you need to “throw off?”
- How do you “train” for life and prepare to get through the hardships that may come?
Anybody can quit, give up, or throw in the towel but the real leaders stand up and say, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Phil. 4:13 NKJV).
“Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize” (1 Cor. 9:24 NIV).
Is your family built to last? Get Pastor Franklin’s new 3-disc set, Foundations: Faith & Family Values, and learn to put your values into action while bringing your family to faith!