The times we live in are unlike ever before. We are seeing worldwide crisis on a daily basis. From terrorist attacks, hate crimes, racism and natural disasters, it is hard not to be discouraged. Our eyes would tell us there is much to be disheartened with. Our eyes would tell us to quit, give up or disengage. But sometimes fact and truth is not the same thing.
I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.
Psalm 121 NKJV
- What are 5 things you want to see God accomplish in the last 5 months of 2016?
- What do you need to understand in order to wake up your faith?
- Don't go by what you __________ but what you _____________.
- What did Jesus say three times in the bible that we can take as an encouragement? (John 16:3, Matthew 9:2, Matthew 14:27)
- Don't just celebrate what you got, celebrate what you got ______ _____.
- What hope do we have when see the things around us crumbling?
If you find yourself in a particularly tough set of circumstances this week, I would urge you to draw near to Him. He will guide you through. Dedicate yourself to daily prayer and praise. Sometimes the best thing we can do in tough situations, is close our eyes. He will speak. It is up to us to listen.