Watch "Wake Up The Mighty Men" and use this as a study guide on your own or with your small group.
From Moses to Elijah, the disciples to Paul, and even Jesus Himself, we see God delighting in the masculinity of men. He doesn’t ask them to sit around in choir robes singing “Kumbaya.” No, we see His hand working mightily through their strength, courage, and boisterous personalities. He never requires them to succumb to timidity, passivity or something they weren’t wired for. He celebrates their manhood.
Proclaim this among the nations: "Prepare for war! Wake up the mighty men, Let all the men of war draw near, let them come up" (Joel 3:9).
- Why is it important that men follow Christ and active in the church?
- What attracted men to the military in the New Testament era?
- What is “bridal mysticism”? Why is it a turnoff to men?
- What does the word “sanctuary” mean?
- In regards to men, how did God design the church?
- What does it mean to act like a man?
Christianity, once thought of as a religion of rules, is really a call to a daring, fearless, free life; one that requires both men and women to lead, disciple and be the light in our communities . . . in their full capacity . . . without reserve.