So often, we want to do great things for God, but unintentionally get swept-up in the riptide of comparison and feelings of insignificance. But you are doing better than you think you are!
Make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:5-8 ESV).
- John was known as the preparer of the __________.
- Why was John the Baptist imprisoned?
- Where was Jesus when John was behind bars?
- What happened to John’s certainty in Jesus as the Messiah while in jail?
- What did Jesus proclaim to the crowds regarding John? Why do you think Jesus didn’t directly tell John?
- What did Jesus himself do when he needed encouragement?
- Who do you need to encourage today?
Conclusion/Call to Action:
God is bigger than you and me. He wants His plans fulfilled in your life more than you do. Sometimes it takes stepping back, taking a deep breath and surrendering to God that which consumes you. I promise you He can handle it.
Take time this week to encourage someone else. Write a letter, send an email or text, and don’t delay! We are not promised tomorrow.