The Upper Room
June 19, 2015
Did you know that suppressing forest fires could actually leave Redwood trees vulnerable? We think of fire as a destructive force that burns everything in its path. But the fire of the Holy Spirit refines us and helps create our path.
Read the Connection Questions
- How does the prophet Isaiah describe the Holy Spirit?
- In the book of Malachi, what two components are needed for purifying?
- Do you have the confidence to ask God to let the fire fall in your life? Why or why not?
- What did it mean when God would burn up the sacrifices of His people?
- What is needed to produce a new generation of Redwood trees?
- According to Exodus, where will the fire never go out?
The fire of God is what gives us our passion and drive. Without it, we would certainly burn out. It cleanses us from the inside out, and launches us into all God has purposed for our lives. By talking and singing to the Holy Spirit accompanied with studying His word, we are assured that He will send fire into our lives. May we shine brighter than ever before!
“For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call” (Acts 2:39 NKJV).