“Again proclaim, says the Lord of hosts, my cities again shall spread through prosperity, comforting Zion and choose Jerusalem as his own. When I looked up there were four horns…. representing the nations that scattered Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem. Then the Lord showed me four carpenters… “What are these men coming to do?” I asked. The angel replied, “These four horns - these nations - scattered and humbled Judah. Now these carpenters are coming to terrify them and cast out the horns of the nations that lifted their horn against the land of Judah” (Zechariah 1:17-21).
God decrees that He is going to prosper and bless his people. In fact, earlier in Joshua 1:5 God told Joshua that “no man will be able to stand against you all the days of your lives, for I will be with you, and I will not fail you or forsake you.” He was saying that you should have good success, be prosperous everywhere you go, and that no man will be able to stop you.
Think about this: every relationship that God enters into lifts people, builds their strength, and multiplies their life. God’s dream for you is so much bigger than yours. He promises prosperity and good success. Why is this important? Because it matters to God.
When God can take you beyond anything you ever imagined and He can take you places you have only dreamed about.
No one said that we would not face obstacles. But obstacles are simply Satan’s ploy to discourage you and cause you to quit. Zechariah (18-19), talks about a vision…a vision of four horns, or four spirits oppressing God’s people. People in the vision had their heads down, not confidant, not blessed, and feeling very defeated. God in that same vision also saw four carpenters. Carpenters build foundations. Jesus was a carpenter himself, and built the ultimate foundation for our lives. Let’s look at the four horns referenced and how these are dealt with.
Four types of Horns (spirits) you may experience in your Life
- Spirit of Lack - In your mind there is never enough. You lack money, education, love, joy, and confidence.
- Spirit of Limitation – There is never able to achieve anything. You are limited in thinking and believe there are barriers preventing you from achieving.
- Spirit of Hindrance - You are moving forward but it is a constant struggle. The wall seems bigger with every step forward, causing you step back and reconsider the attempt.
- Spirit of Devouring - This spirit tries to take back what you have already achieved.
The Spirit of the Carpenter overcomes the four types of Horns
- For your trouble you shall have double - “Double for your trouble. “ (Isaiah 61:7)
- Key people are coming into your life – Help is on the way.
- If you proclaim the spirit of limitation is broken, you will break the spirit of failure.
- Do you feel “horns” in your life are preventing you from becoming all that you can be?
- A carpenter is a person who builds a foundation for a safe dwelling place. Do you feel like your foundation is solid and secure or shaky and unsteady?
- What are ways you need Jesus to lift you up? Where are some areas you desire to prosper and thrive? Can you boldly declare, in faith, that God is with you and wants the best for you? Do you truly believe that God wants to prosper you?
The enemy comes to oppress you so that you can’t even lift your head, and you go around defeated and oppressed. But the spirit of the carpenter stands ready to build you up, raise you up, and to lift your head so you can see the wonderful things God has for your future. If you will have faith and the proper perspective, God will take places you never dreamed you would go. Believe!