The Power of NOW
November 01, 2013
It’s time to smile. It’s time to enjoy. It’s time to live. That’s what this message, The Power of Now, is all about. We can’t keep waiting for the perfect time—NOW is the time! If you’re waiting on a miracle, believe for it now. If you have bad habits to leave behind, stop making excuses. If you’re planning on spending more time with your family, then start today! We can’t keep looking down the road saying “someday” and letting today pass us by.
- What is the danger in living life based on the “save the best for last” mentality?
- Hebrews 11:1 says, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. How does faith play a part in taking action now?
- The influence of negative people can keep you from making progress. Are there any negative influences in your life right now? What can you do to remove them?
- Pastor talks about the danger of living in the past and believing things can never be as good as they were. Are you holding on to anything from the past that’s keeping you from enjoying today?
- What’s something in your life you’ve been putting off but you’re ready to do now?
Our treasure is in today. We cannot let it be crucified between yesterday and tomorrow. Pastor offered a great analogy: “Yesterday is a cashed check, tomorrow is a promissory note, and today is cash in the hand.”
As your days are, so shall be your strength. (Deut 33:25) God gives us grace and strength for today. When too much focus is placed on what’s ahead or what’s behind, we miss the power of now!
Follow our newest project Food For Life, Haiti. You can be a part of the miracle. Learn more online at jentezenfranklin.org/FOODFORLIFE and join the conversation on Twitter and Facebook with #FOODFORLIFE.