The Hiding Place
August 21, 2015
In a world that is trying to corrupt our children with lies and temptations, it is our job to shield them, to hide them in a safe environment and to be the filter through which they learn things. We’re here to give them roots. Like a seedling in a greenhouse, we’re not keeping them from the inevitable; we’re preparing them to thrive!
If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways (Psalm 91:9-11).
- What does the enemy see when looking at our children?
- What specifically, do we need to hide our children from?
- What is a frequent lie the enemy whispers to Christian parents?
- After being anointed, how long did David have to wait before taking the throne? How is this significant to us in our day-to-day lives?
- In 2 Kings 11, what was Athaliah’s motive for killing her grandchildren?
- Our children are not problems they are ________________________.
Shielding our children can be exhausting. Most of the time it is an against-the-current swim, an uphill climb without much immediate reward. It’s easy to get discouraged and weary. But let me encourage you to not give up! There is nothing you or I will ever accomplish in life that will outweigh the importance of our primary role and calling as parents who protect. And one day, I am certain they will thank you.