Spirit of Python: Studio Re-air
August 27, 2013
Much like the python coils around victims and slowly squeezes the life out of them, the enemy slithers into your life and takes hold. We have power over this enemy and the tools to defeat him but we must recognize his tactics and stand our ground!
- Ephesians 6:12 reads: For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Can you identify areas in your life where you’re constantly struggling and don’t understand why?
- Pastor Franklin relates the grip of a python to the way the enemy attacks our lives. He binds us up, takes our breath, and squeezes slowly until there is no life. Is there something in your life that you feel has been “choked out” but you want to reclaim?
- The enemy likes to attack our prayer times by distracting us. Discuss your methods for staying focused during your prayer times.
- Take a minute to dream! Is there a lost dream you want to rekindle? Or new dreams you’ve been hesitant to pursue?
- In the message, Jentezen says praise is the one thing that can break python’s hold greater than anything? Create a “praise phrase” you can repeat when you begin to feel defeated.
- Are there other people in your life you think are under attack? Think of ways you can be an encouragement and help them to breath again!
Reclaim joy. Reclaim vision. Reclaim life and breathe again!