Spirit of Python: Prayer & Praise
August 13, 2013
What is the Spirit of Python? In Acts chapter 16, Paul is confronted by a woman possessed with a “spirit of divination.” The Greek word for divination is “python.” The Spirit of Python grabs hold of you and attempts to squeeze the breath out of you spiritually. The only way to break its grip is with a sacrifice of praise and the blood of Jesus Christ.
- The word “breath” in the Bible represents the Holy Spirit and life. The Spirit of Python wants to choke the anointing, the life out of you. Do you have a favorite verse from the Bible you depend on when you feel like you are under attack?
- In Luke 4:31-37, as Jesus was teaching there was a man with an unclean spirit who began to cry out, “leave us alone.” Why does Satan want us to ignore him?
- Jentezen taught when you read the Bible, “you breath in” and when you pray, “you breath out.” Have you ever experienced spiritual asthma? What helped you breath again?
- Satan is known as, “the father of lies”—John 8:44. How do you keep his deceptions from choking the life out of your dreams?
- In the Book of Acts, Paul and Silas were thrown in jail because they cast out the Spirit of Python. “But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake … and everyone’s chains were loosed”—Acts 16:25-26. Have you ever seen people set free because of prayer and praise? If yes, explain.
- In this message, Jentezen said, “In your midnight you say to God, ‘I’m hurting, but I praise you. I don’t know why I’m going through this trial, but I praise you.’” How does that perspective during times of pain help you overcome the Spirit of Python?”
God has given us the weapons to defeat the Spirit of Python. One is praise. And another is the blood of Jesus Christ. Revelation 12:11 says they overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony. Just remember to keep praying, keep praising and keep breathing.
Sign in or create a account to participate in this discussion.Sign in
account_circle Selina Mercer
Yes, I do feel those spiritual attacks, when I'm laying hands on someone