Ephesians 6 tells us we are not wrestling with flesh and blood, but we are wrestling. Whether we like to talk about it or not, the Bible does. Our battle is in the spiritual realm and God has given us every tool to defeat our enemy. But we can’t win until we realize what we’re fighting against!
- Demons are real. The Word teaches us about them and how to address them. Still, it is an unpopular topic, even in church. Discuss why you think we are uncomfortable with the subject.
- The Bible teaches that we wrestle against “principalities, against powers, against rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places”. Do you feel equipped to fight against these things?
- When Jesus faced Satan in the garden, He quoted Scripture to resist temptation and get the enemy to leave. How do you “wrestle” when you feel under attack?
- In Psalm 149:6 two things are mentioned that are strong enough to bind kings and princes. What are these two things and how can you use them in spiritual battle?
- Pastor talks about territorial spirits in the message. Can you think of places—a city, neighborhood, even an event—known for certain characteristics that you can now identify as having a territorial spirit?
- In closing, Pastor talked about the one thing that can cancel the Devil’s assignments more than anything; the Blood of Jesus Christ! Talk about how we apply the Blood of Jesus over our lives through salvation, communion, and prayer.
Not every bad thing that happens or unpleasant thought is because of demonic activity. Don’t give credit where it isn’t due. But don’t ignore the fact that our enemy is very real and very present in this world. Arm yourself with the Word of God, cover yourself with the Blood of Christ, and fill your spirit with His praise!