Have angels ever faced adversity? Have they felt hunger or heartbreak? No. They’ve never had to make the mortgage or find a job. They worship in a holy atmosphere while you and I worship in a fallen earth. Ephesians 3:10 says, “the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in heavenly places”. Let’s talk about what it means to worship in spirit and in truth and how through that, we teach the angels.
- John 4:3 says, “Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth”. What has this passage meant to you in the past?
- This message talks about us teaching angels to worship. Pastor Franklin says, “It’s not like they’re amateurs. It’s not like they’re novices at worship”. So what is it about our worship that they can learn from?
- It’s easy to think of worship as what we do while we’re singing in church. How can you “walk out” your praise?
- We’ve talked in previous weeks about the fact that there is a very real spiritual realm. Can you identify the 3 chief angels God created and what their primary roles are as described in scripture and in this message?
- The story of Job can be hard to swallow. We know the outcome and it’s still hard not to ask, why? But Job remained faithful without knowing what was ahead. Can you remember a time in your life when you had to trust God in spite of your circumstances? What was the outcome?
- The enemy is waiting for you to give up, to curse God and turn back. But the Father is seeking those who will worship in spirit (on the mountain tops) and in truth (your low valleys). Discuss what this passage means to you now.
When we face the unexplainable absence of God—those moments when we just don’t understand why—with worship and praise, we do something unexplainable ourselves. We worship in spite of our situation and those are the making moments. Those are the moments we say, no matter what, “my redeemer lives”!
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. John 4:23