“So David went to Baal Perazim, and there he defeated them. He said, ‘As waters break out, the Lord has broken out against my enemies before me.’ So that place was called Baal Perazim” (2 Samuel 5:20).
If you want to have a breakthrough year, then begin by seeking God. No one I can find in the Bible ever had breakthrough without first seeking God. David sought God, and God answered. Jehoshaphat sought God, proclaimed a fast, and God answered. When you seek God through fasting and prayer, He’ll show up. He desires to be in your presence, He desires to be invited, He desires to be in relationship with you!
- What does the word “breakthrough” mean to you?
- Are there specific areas in your life you would like to see breakthrough this year?
- If we want breakthrough, what’s required on our part?
- How can fasting and prayer help you get to your breakthrough?
- What are you asking God for in your time of fasting?
- What can you do differently in your life beginning today to get the breakthrough you seek?
Do you need a breakthrough? Then break out! Break out of the norm and do something different! If you keep doing the same thing, you’ll keep getting the same thing. But I believe God wants to mark your life with incredible breakthrough.