Inevitably, there will be times in each of our lives where we miss the game-winning shot. We all fail. We all fall short. But do you know something? God has never sought after perfect people.
Connection Point: I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins (Isaiah 43:25 NKJV).
- In basketball, what is the purpose of the rebounder?
- What are the two things that make a good rebounder?
- It is possible to miss more shots than you make and still _____________ the game!
- What does Proverbs 24:16 say a righteous man does?
- How do we get in front of our opponent?
- What is the story behind the powerful words of the hymn It Is Well?
Conclusion/Call to Action:
Honestly repent of that which is holding you back, praise Him, and know that you are standing on a firm foundation. One that has unlimited second chances. It is possible to miss more shots than you make and still win the game!