October 07, 2016
Who would have ever imagined the Pledge of Allegiance would be a controversy in America? Our enemy, the devil, would love nothing more than for us to stop sharing Jesus publicly, stay out of government, stay out of schools and do what we do secretly and quietly. But we better make a noisy exit!
But Paul said to the officers: “They beat us publicly without a trial, even though we are Roman citizens, and threw us into prison. And now do they want to get rid of us quietly? No! Let them come themselves and escort us out” (Acts 16:37).
- What does it say the jailer did in Acts 16:33?
- Why do you think the authorities wanted Paul and Silas to leave town quietly?
- The end-time Church is not supposed to leave ______________. We’re supposed to leave _______________.
- Jesus did not have a quiet exit! What are some things Jesus did after He was raised from the grave?
- For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a __________, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God (1 Thessalonians 4:16).
It’s time for believers to stand unashamed and be heard. Will you? Ask God to fill you with His Holy Spirit, with boldness and power to champion His cause without holding back!