Lily Among Thorns
April 11, 2014
Jesus looked at a world without hope, without salvation and offered Himself as redemption. He was the lily of the valleys … but He became a lily among thorns. He could have been crowned king but instead, was crowned with our iniquities. Because He lives today, we too can rise tall above the thorns of this life and be transformed into something beautiful.
- Think about the contrast between thorns and lilies. What words would you use to describe each?
- Does this help you see how, as a Christian, you should be like a lily among thorns?
- The enemy tries to use thorns in life to send us negative messages. What’s the message God wants you to hear?
- What are the 5 traits of the lily that we can liken to Christ?
- The bible teaches, “if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection” (Rom 6:5). Take a minute this Easter season to discuss what His resurrection means to you?
We live in a broken world. There will be thorns. Even Jesus chose to navigate through the troubles of this world rather than escape them. But ultimately He overcame and because of that, so can we!
I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys. As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters (Song 2:1-2).
From a CROWN OF THORNS to a CROWN OF LIFE! Because of Christ’s death and resurrection, a crown of glory awaits for us in heaven. But it all began with a crown of thorns. In Jentezen Franklin’s new 2-DVD teaching “KINGDOM COME,” you can discover the power of the cross and resurrection for your life! This set features two powerful messages — “Lily Among Thorns” and “Christ is Risen.”