God Wants to Prosper You
May 27, 2016
Our entire world seems to revolve around the acquisition of more. Advertisers feed us big, fat lies of how money will bring us joy, peace and fulfillment. The culture we live in, eats, sleeps and breathes immediate gratification. Oh, you can’t afford something? Just open up a new card!
“The American Dream!” they say. But it’s all counterfeit lies from the enemy. When we accumulate more and more debt, we subject ourselves to a yoke too heavy for us to carry, becoming slaves to the lender. When you have no margin to give, many end up cheating God. And when we cheat God, we are truly cheating ourselves.
The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller (Proverbs 24:26 MSG).
- What did Jacob have when he first started out? (Despise not the day of small beginnings!)
- What does God dream for us? What do you dream for yourself?
- What does the bank do with the money you put in? What does that mean for you?
- In the story of the prodigal son, what did the father give the wayward son upon return? (Be specific.)
- How did the other son respond?
- Religion has a ___________-goat mentality. God has a ___________-calf mentality.
God doesn’t need your money; He needs to know He can trust you. If you refuse to give back to Him that which is truly His to begin with, how can you expect Him to bless you with more? However, if you are faithful with what you have right now, I assure you He will be faithful to you, A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, poured into your lap (Luke 6:38)!
He is trustworthy, and that you can take to the bank!