From the beginning of time, Satan has been out to destroy families. It is his number one priority. He understands that when the family unit is divided, havoc can be wreaked. And statistics would tell us, he’s pretty effective. But there is hope for those in Christ Jesus. Nehemiah talks about when we fight for our families, God will fight for us. And the good news is, when God fights, He wins—every time!
Connection Point: For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).
1. What two things must all believers settle on?
2. What happens when we fight for our families?
3. What is promised when we love, serve and honor the Lord?
4. What was significant about Noah being the 8th to enter the ark?
5. What do we need to do when a storm hits our family?
6. What is God’s track record in the battles He has entered? What hope does this give us?
7. Have other things come before your family? Take a moment and ask the Lord to search your heart, and then allow Him to do a transformative work.
Wherever you are, whatever you are encountering within your family, let me encourage you … keep on fighting. Fight for what is left. Fight when it seems you have no more strength, being aware the enemy of your soul is waiting just outside the door of your life. He poses no threat unless you forget he is there. Put on your armor friend, and march forward into your family’s victory.