FASTING: Release the Increase
January 16, 2015
It is God’s will to bless His people. God wants to bring increase to your life. Fasting helps release the increase. When people in the Bible fasted, it not only brought deliverance from crisis and solutions to unsolvable problems, it also released financial resources and increase into the hands of God’s people. Do you believe that God is your source? Are you ready for increase? Increase in your closeness to God and your family. Increase in your joy. Increase in your finances and your business. Increase in your healing. Increase in your talents and gifts. Increase in all areas of your life!
- What are the three reasons that God wants to increase you?
- What are some promises given to God’s people in Deuteronomy 28?
- How does this sermon explain the difference between being a slave, a son and a soldier?
- In your own spiritual walk, are you a slave in Egypt, a son in the wilderness or a soldier in the Promised Land? What do you need to do to move up to the next level?
- What are the benefits of being a friend of God?
- Pastor Franklin gives eight Bible verses about increase in this sermon. Which ones speak to your spirit? In what areas of your life are you believing God for increase this year?
Increasing the strength of your relationship with Jesus is the most important part of increase. Jesus wants to be more than a Sunday morning experience to you. He wants to be your closest friend. When your relationship with Jesus is top priority, when you seek the Kingdom of God above everything else, then God adds increase to the other areas of your life. As you fast and pray . . . get your faith up for increase. It’s coming!
Deuteronomy 28:2-6 (NLT): “You will experience all these blessings if you obey the Lord your God: Your towns and your fields will be blessed. Your children and your crops will be blessed. The offspring of your herds and flocks will be blessed. Your fruit baskets and breadboards will be blessed. Wherever you go and whatever you do, you will be blessed.”