A Dream That Drives You
September 26, 2014
Whoever you are, wherever you are, God has a dream for your life. God can open your eyes to that dream and allow you to see who you could be and what you could do. When that happens, it changes you. It affects how you talk, how you think and how you live.
- In this sermon, Pastor uses the letters in the word “D R E A M” to make five points about what it means to have a dream that drives you. What points do those five letters represent?
- How can having a God-given dream change your response to problems?
- What are the two reasons given for the breakdown of a dream? How can you avoid those two things in your life?
- “If you go hunting for rabbits in tiger country, beware of the tigers. However, if you go hunting for tigers in rabbit country, don’t sweat the rabbits.” Are you distracted and discouraged by unimportant things? How can you keep your focus on the things that really matter?
- What is one small action you can take today to move in the direction of your dream?
- Reflect on Pastor’s description of the final scene of “Saving Private Ryan.” Are there things in your life that you need to set aside in order to pursue things of eternal significance?
God created you to impact your world. He sees the great potential He placed within you. Don’t be afraid to receive God’s dream for your life and to pursue that dream with determination, discipline and integrity. God’s dream for your life will exceed anything you could imagine!
Ephesians 3:20 (TLB): “Now glory be to God, who by his mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of – infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts or hopes.”