The majesty of Christmas is in the birth of Christ. It’s in the journey He chose to take from the presence of Almighty God—equal to God—to become a man. Regardless of what you think of yourself, Jesus considers you worth it! He took a Divine Demotion so you could be raised up. Let’s reflect on His journey of demotion.
- In Genesis 1:26, God says, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness”. Who do you think God was talking to?
- At Christmas we celebrate Jesus’ birth. But it was not His beginning; He already was. Read Colossians 1:15-18 and discuss.
- Jesus first chose to be demoted from the presence of God to an earthly body. Pastor mentions several other ways He faced demotion here on earth: as an alien in a foreign land, as a servant washing feet, as a criminal betrayed and beaten … Reflect on these experiences Jesus suffered as a man.
- What would you consider Jesus’ most humbling act of demotion? Read Philippians 2:8.
- What did we gain from Christ becoming man?
At Christmas we celebrate the birth of our Savior. We lift Him high with adoration and praise. But there was a time when He walked on earth and willingly suffered at the hands of the very people He came to save. Remember with a grateful heart, He first served us and He first loved us. He stepped down from heavenly places and chose to be Immanuel, God with us.
Today, Lord, I pour out my heart in worship to You. I lift You high, because You chose to come down. I’m grateful that You became the Son of man, so that I may become the son/daughter of God. Help me to remember this Christmas that it was Your love for me that brought You here as a baby in that stable. And the best gift of all is You, Immanuel!
What is Mache Mirak? Find out here www.jentezenfranklin.org/foodforlife/