Are you ready for what God is about to do in your life? Fasting is spiritual cleansing and preparation that beckons God’s plan for your life! It’s your declaration that you are expecting God to move. Devote yourself to fasting and prayer and God will bless you, He can change His mind, He will bring answers, He will bring restoration!
Connection Point: “Turn to Me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning . . . Who knows if He will turn and relent, and leave a blessing behind Him” (Joel 2:12,14 NKJV).
- First, determine what you’re fasting for. What are the top 3 things you’re praying for during your fast?
- In 1 Kings 21:29, why did God change His mind and not bring judgment.
- What happened in Jonah 3:10 because of fasting?
- In Joel 2:12-14, what is it that may cause God to change His mind and leave a blessing rather than bring judgment?
- Answers are waiting for you in the ________________ of the Lord.
- Asking is not wrong, but _______________ is. Expect answers from God, but be willing to accept His response no matter what it is.
Conclusion: This doesn’t have to be another year of defeat. There is breakthrough coming! Over and over in scripture, as God’s people humbled themselves in fasting, He turned situations around. Begin this year seeking God and determine not to give up. His grace will see you through to the end!