Introduction There’s more to being a man than being male, more to being a husband than being married and certainly more to being a dad than fathering a child. God takes these roles so seriously that the Bible says in 1 Timothy 5:8, “But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.”
- In Genesis 18:18 we see a key reason why God chose Abraham to father many nations. What was it?
- What are 3 secrets to blessing your children Pastor teaches us from Genesis 27:1-29?
- In this message, what does Pastor liken to putting a roof over your house?
- And you, ______________, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the ______________ and ______________ of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4).
- What are ways your relationship with (or without) your father have affected your life?
Conclusion The responsibility of a dad cannot be overstated. When you become a parent, it is the highest calling on your life. It’s your job to nurture, encourage, and provide for your children—preparing them for their future and for eternity.
Connection Point: But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15).