Come Up Here
June 22, 2018
Revelation 4:1-2; John 14:1-3; 1 John 3:2-3; 2 Corinthians 4:17-18
While living our lives here on earth, we sometimes forget this world isn’t our home. We’re just traveling through earth on the way to our forever home in heaven. God has prepared a place for us with jeweled fences, golden streets, and a glassy sea. More importantly, it’s a place where Satan is defeated and God’s people live in perfect peace, joy, and love. Our time on earth is enhanced when we keep heaven in our minds.
- God gave John a vision of the beauty of heaven.
- Satan wants to keep us focused on our problems and concerns here on earth so we forget about heaven.
- Heaven isn’t a fairy tale. Heaven is real.
- The pain we go through on earth is light and temporary compared to the glory that will be ours in heaven.
- How real is heaven to you? How often do you think about heaven?
- What are three things to look forward to in heaven?
- How do you think you will respond when you see Jesus face to face?
- What are you doing to keep yourself pure and to be prepared for heaven?
- How does a belief in heaven change your attitude about sharing Jesus with the lost?
C. S. Lewis said, “If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this.” The Bible repeatedly reminds us to keep heaven in our minds. When our focus is on the eternal, our priorities while we are on earth align with God’s eternal plans. We become more effective and fruitful when we make it a point to think about heaven.
Sign in or create a account to participate in this discussion.Sign in
account_circle peggy Long
Thank you for this i really needed this as i am doing best to live for him with all i am ggoing thru and i want to go to heaven to be with JESUS and my mom and pets i believe I am going to heaven thank you for this,