Sacrifice and surrender is difficult. It is death to our pride and our security. It requires trust. But God would never ask of us something He, himself didn’t first provide. Like the ram that redeemed the laid-down Isaac from Abraham’s knife, God allowed His own son to be caught by the head in the thicket, a crown of thorns donning His brow. Jesus was like a staff, a bruised reed (Isaiah 42:3). God released Him, His most precious, that we may experience the ultimate freedom, freedom from sin.
Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.
Psalms 126:5 NIV
- What is the difference between seed and precious seed?
- What are some biblical examples of God requiring a precious seed?
- What happens when we release the precious?
- What is the "dimension of the doubtless?"
- What should we do if we feel like we cannot hear God.
- Anything that keeps you from God's word is ____________.
What is it that you are white-knuckling? Gripping with all your might, so dreadfully fearful of loosing? Will you trust Him with it today? Only when you release your grasp will you see the precious gifts of God poured out. Supernatural miracles, doubtless purpose and unmovable faith. And friend, there is no thing more precious in the world than these.