A Life Worth Remembering
July 29, 2016
Introduction: A hundred years from now, people won’t remember what type of car you drove. They will not think about the house you lived in or whether or not a gate guarded your community. Your social status and work title won’t cross their minds, these things just don’t last. James refers to our lives as a mist; a vapor that is here today, and tomorrow . . . vanishes.
Connection Point: “For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it” (Matthew 16:25 NIV).
- How was Mary often referred in her community?
- What miracle did Jesus perform in Mary’s life prior to their lunch? Why would this cause her to trust in Him?
- Where is the most sacred place in the world?
- How did Mary anoint Christ’s feet? Is this different than how you had always heard the story told?
- What did Judas and the other disciples do in reaction to Mary’s 6worship?
- If God is going to use you, He will always allow you to be __________________.
In the great juxtaposition of Christianity, the way to gain a life worth remembering, is to loose it. Surrender every aspect of your world to the Lord, be bold and courageous with sharing your testimony with anyone in your path, and watch Him pour out a blessing so great you will not be able to contain it. Do that, and I assure you – you will be remembered.