We get in a habit of repenting and repeating. Repenting and repeating. Repenting and repeating. And over time our heart goes hard. But the goodness of God leads to repentance…not repeating.
It’s not hard to understand and recognize the gentle voice of the Lord if you are walking with Jesus. There is a sensitivity required. When God is trying to get your attention, first He uses His still small voice…like the flutter of a moth. Then, if you won’t listen, He will speak with a louder voice…like the sound of an eagle. But if you won’t hear the still small voice, and still won’t hear the louder sound of an eagle, then He will still come like the roar of a lion.
As a Moth:
- If you listen, He will minister to you and speak to you.
As an Eagle:
- An eagle has a squawk, claws, and is far more aggressive.
- Sometimes God will put people in your life that speak a good word or a word of warning is critical seasons of like. Sometimes you are kissing people you should kick to the curb and kicking the people you should be embracing.
As a Lion:
- God loves you so much that when you won’t hear the moth or the eagle, He will speak to you as strongly as possible, like the roar of a lion. The lion will violently oppose you.
- You must honor God’s lines and His fences. You have honor God’s “lines” or deal with the devil’s lions.
The most dangerous thing God will do is let you have your will…your own way, even when it is contrary to His perfect plan. When we insist on our own will, He will withdraw Himself from you and allow you go down the path. If you will listen, God is speaking to you all the time. If you will devote a part of your day to spending time with Him, reading His Word and in prayer
The ministry of the moth is gentle, and that’s His preferable way to deal with you. He has drawn lines for your safety. The life He has for you is everything between those lines. When we refuse to listen and we refuse to stay within the boundaries He has assigned you, we risk divine abandonment and the withdrawing of His hand of blessing and anointing for your life.
Listen for the flutter of the moth. Honor the boundaries He has assigned you for your protection. Do not go where you know you should not go. Listen for His voice when making decisions and in your relationships. And when He says go or stay, do what the voice of God says. Make sense?