Raising a family is not an easy journey. There are times the journey feels similar to riding a roller coaster. Some days are filled with joy and the excitement is like you can touch the sky. Then there are moments you feel like screaming. There are other times when unexpected turns or obstacles arise, leaving you in tears. No one was ever created to go on that journey alone. Family is there to experience those highs and lows together. The bible states there is strength in numbers. Because of this, family can overcome obstacles together.
In this day and age, it seems we must fight harder than ever to keep our sanity and peace in the home. According to American Psychological Association, 40-50% of marriages end in divorce. Families are faced with difficult challenges such as addictions, pornography, grief or even suicide. There are times when families struggle to keep the family from falling apart. Why does all this happen? This is a tactic from the enemy to tear down a household. The devil desires to cause division in the family. He knows that a house divided against itself cannot stand (Mark 3:24). A family united is like a strong army whom can combat anything thrown in their direction. If division occurs in the home the strength of the family weakens.
The question is how do we prevent or overcome division in the home? The answer is by fighting. Fight for your family. Fight to keep peace, holiness, and joy in the home. Fight against the thoughts of divorce, depression, and rebellion. It’s important to fight for the ones you care for because they are worth the battle. If you have already been experiencing war in the home, keep fighting until the battle is won. The bible states that we are victorious and we are more than overcomers through Christ Jesus. No weapon formed against your family shall prosper.
A common issue that parents deal with is children rebelling against the rules of the home and being disobedient to the Word of God. Parents! No need to worry yourself too much. Raise your children in the way of the Lord—you do your part—then trust God to do His. No matter how far they go, they will always have a home to return to. I understand that is easier said than done. But think about the prodigal son. He never forgot home. When he had nothing left and no place to go, he went back to his father. Give your children a firm foundation to stand on, and they will always know the way home.
How to Fight
1. Keep praying. Prayer is a strong weapon. Speak life into your situation. Pray that it will turn around for your good. There is power in your voice.
2. Read the Bible. His word is truth, life, and sharper than any two edge sword. Read and believe in the promises that God has written for you and your family.
3. Start fasting. Some change can only come about through prayer and fasting.
4. Stop arguing and start listening. Listen to each other’s concerns. Sometimes listening will help bring understanding as to why a situation is occurring, which can help resolve issues.
5. Communicate. Lack of communication causes friction and can increase arguments. Talking helps to understand one another better.
6. Say I love you. This is the most important tip. Remind one another that you care. Spend time with each other and show each other that you will never stop loving them.
Watch Fight For Your Family to learn more.
Whatever that fight may be in your home, do not be discouraged. Do not give up and quit in defeat. Everything works out for the good of those who love the Lord. There is a saying that home is where the heart is. The reason for that is your family holds your heart; therefore, your family is home.